Don’t let the San Juan Ridge Mine contaminate our wells, take our water, and destroy our environment and economy! Why we oppose the mine.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
- Presented by Sierra Fund…We are excited to announce a new date for the Community Meeting originally scheduled for October. The informational meeting on mining pollution will be held at the Nevada City Veteran’s hall on Monday, November 4th from 7 -9pm. Visit their website for more information: http://reclaimingthesierra.org/informational-meeting-october-8th/. Link to Meeting Flyer.
- Letter from the County Regarding Water Monitoring Program: SJRTA recommends that you DO sign up for the Baseline Groundwater Monitoring Plan as outlined in the Nevada County Planning Dept’s letter, dated Sept. 5, 2013. SJRTA has reviewed all of the water monitoring plans proposed by the mine owner, multiple hydrology reports and critiques, and has made numerous comments on all of these since the San Juan Mining Corporation applied to re-open the mine in February 2012. With this plan, the County has responded to most of our criticisms and recommendations. This is THE plan that the County has adopted, and we recommend that you sign up! If you’ve received the letter, or have not received it and own a parcel with a well within a two mile radius of the mine (or feel that your well may be impacted,) we recommend that you sign up for the monitoring plan. Contact Cranmer Engineering at (530) 273-7284 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, phone number, parcel number (if known), and email if you have one.
- Press Release 8/29/13 - Supervisors Increase Budget for Mine Impact Study
- SJRTA response to Cranmer Engineering well-monitoring letter of July 31, 2013.
- Mid-Summer Newsletter Vol 2, Issue 1
- Take Action! Contact your Supervisor and Planning Commissioner. Donate. Volunteers needed for outreach and fundraising activities. Call or email us!
- Please join or renew your membership for 2013.
- New Luhdorff & Scalmanini hydrological report, commissioned by San Juan Mining Corp.
The San Juan Ridge Taxpayers Association (SJRTA) is a membership organization representing taxpayer interests on the San Juan Ridge of Nevada County, CA since 1975. The SJRTA membership includes taxpaying residents and non-resident landowners of the San Juan Ridge and other concerned citizens.
The SJRTA is committed to the maintenance of a rural environment on the San Juan Ridge, wishing to keep it mostly low-density general forest and agriculture. Our current focus is the proposed reopening of the San Juan Ridge Mine.